5 Star Ratings
You can have confidence that your child will receive the best education and care possible at TenderCare Christian Child Care Center. We demand quality in our programs, which is why accreditation is so important to us. Every child that comes to our center should be treated with our greatest expectation of success and respect. That is why we have made the commitment as an organization to pursue and maintain accreditation at our centers.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a mark of excellence that is awarded by an independent, third-party organization when a center proves that it continuously maintains high standards of quality in early childhood education and care. For families, that mark of excellence has real meaning. To earn accreditation, a center goes through a rigorous evaluation process to ensure it meets standards of excellence that go above and beyond the state’s minimum licensing requirements.
Accreditation means that oura center is meeting high nationaland state standards in teaching strategies, curriculum, assessment of children’s learning, health and safety, developing relationships with families, community involvement, administration, and teacher qualifications. To maintain their accredited status, our accredited centers must continually demonstrate these standards.
Accreditation fosters a culture of reflection and continuous improvement. Doing this encourages our team to always be growing and learning, not only teaching. We set the bar high for ourselves. Our commitment to accreditation should give you assurance that every day is a fun, positive, educational and engaging experience for your child.
Who Accredits Our Centers?
Our centers pursue national accreditation from one of two accreditation organizations:
TenderCare Christian Child Care is currently accredited by NAC which is the accreditation division of the Association of Early Learner Leaders. Our current Accreditation is effective through November 2019. The National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs offers early childhood leaders the opportunity to demonstrate and document quality performance using research-based criteria and evidence-based practices. The National Accreditation Commission provides a comprehensive, ongoing quality improvement system that recognizes the inherent diversity among programs through the self-study and award process. Over 1,500 early learning programs in 38 states, the District of Colombia and overseas participate, including university and college campus based programs, private child care, faith based preschools, Head Start, public Prek, corporate centers, DoD programs, employer sponsored programs and Montessori programs.
National Accreditation Commission key factors:
- Promotes professionalism and program quality in early care and education programs across the nation.
- Aligned with state early learning outcomes and quality improvement initiatives.
- Respects individual program autonomy and
- Included in government-funded quality enhancement initiatives, including Department of Defense Military and Families Program
During the self-study phase, parents, staff and administrators evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the program based on the study of National Accreditation Commission Standards. The program has a minimum of six months and a maximum of two years to complete the self-study process and to request an onsite visit.
YoungStar is Wisconsin’s child care quality rating and improvement system. The purpose of this system is to give parents the tools and information they need to raise happy, healthy kids. And, to help preschools, home-based programs, learning centers, and other child care providers give children safe, nurturing places to grow.
How does YoungStar operate?
- By objectively measuring child care quality. Through YoungStar thousands of child care providers are rated each year.
- The Quality Rating and Improvement System awards 2-5 stars for quality status. A five-star rating is the best possible rating for the best quality of care.
- YoungStar purpose is to give parents an easy way to compare their local child care options and find the programs that match their family’s lifestyle, budget, and special needs.
- YoungStar’s goal is to support providers with tools and training to deliver high-quality care
- YoungStar mission is to set a consistent standard for child care quality
Our Center Ratings
TenderCare Site I located at 5229 W. Capitol Drive is rated by NAC
TenderCare Site 2 located at 5305 is rated under the YoungStar.
Both Sites I & II are rated at a 5-star level